So I seem to have broken through the threshold of feeling good and managing side effects and feeling like shit and dealing with side effects. I'm not sure if it's timing post treatment (Just over 2 weeks) or if was what I ate on Mothers day. But which ever it is, it sucks! Ok, so it likely wasn't the strawberries in the strawberry shortcake, but can probably be attributed to the BBQ coney dogs my brother-in-law whipped up for us. Did I mention that they were foot long? And natural casing, because it's not a coney dog without natural casing! And cheese.. and onions... and relish.. yeah, probably more then I should have eaten. But I haven't exactly been careful about what I've been eating. I work on the road from time to time after my first job is done. I will grab food on the run, which isn't usually healthy. Hell, I had White Castle one day, because it's another one of those things that sometimes you can't resist. But nothing has been the gastro bomb that Sunday's meal was. It's Tuesday and I'm still feeling the effects. I was having perhaps one issue a day. Could pretty much time my day by it. Even if I was eating sliders, I was regularly un-regular. Now, I'm just a bit of a mess. It's not enough to actually someone at the hospital. I have a number, I haven't hit it yet. I'm still eating, although it's a challenge. I'm trying to keep it together until I see my docs next week before treatment. I'm changing things up to a more bland diet for the time being, but it doesn't seem to be working. If I feel the same tomorrow, I may try some over the counter meds. Again, it hasn't been so excessive that I felt I needed them, but as it's becoming an ongoing thing I may have to cave. Yes, I'm stubborn. I'm trying not to add more meds if I don't absolutely have to. So for today, I'm blaming the strawberries in the strawberry shortcake we had for dessert. Tomorrow I'm sure I'll find something else to blame if things keep up like this. But tomorrow is my limit. I'm not going to fall down the same rabbit hole I did the last time, where I dropped 30 pounds in 3 weeks because I felt so crappy that I couldn't eat, and when I did it just came out. Ended up in the hospital, I'm not doing that again.
So tomorrow is my deadline. I'll fix it all then. And maybe I'll wake up feeling awesome and I won't have to worry about it anymore. After the 3 months I've had, I'm not sure I can really be that lucky.
No comments:
Post a Comment